Based in Telford (West Midlands), with offices in Central London, we are looking for a driven Account Manager who is passionate about Technology and its application in the events industry. This role is client-facing with responsibility for generating and exceeding revenue targets from existing accounts but also from new clients.
We are looking for an experienced individual with a wealth of technical expertise in a solutions based sales role. Selling IT, Audio Visual and software solutions in to the Exhibitions and live events industry. Creatively minded, you will need to call upon your exceptional ability to provide first class client service.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Selling a range of audio visual, IT and Software solutions and services to existing and new clients
- Driving revenue from existing accounts and leveraging relationships to develop new accounts
- Building account plans for key accounts to identify and maximise revenue opportunities
- Meeting clients and prospects to discuss technical requirements for event projects
- Producing quotations & proposals
- Attending industry functions to cement relationships and develop new ones
Core attributes/skills include:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical delivery and/or technical sales role, having previously worked as a Project Manager or Account Manager
- Experience within the exhibition or live events sector
- Good AV and IT skills with the ability to specify basic solutions for live events/exhibitions (Support from Technical and project teams for more complex requirements)
- Demonstrable track record of achievement and commercial skills
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Experience and familiarity of using a CRM
- Very good IT skills including being competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- A Levels or higher, preferably a degree in a technical subject (or equivalent)
- GCSE Mathematics (pass)
You have a strong interest in technology and a drive to expand your personal skill set. You are ambitious and driven to enhance your sales and commercial skill set. Business development excites you and you thrive on the challenge of beating your sales targets whilst at the same time providing your customers with creative solutions and a consistently high level of customer service for every single requirement.
You will be professional, flexible and well organised as well as having excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with customers of various levels and technical knowledge.
In the first instance please email your CV and a brief covering note about why you are interested in this role.
The company will provide comprehensive training. ITR is an equal opportunities employer that promotes a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying or victimisation.
THIS ROLE IS ONLY OPEN TO EU RESIDENTS AND VISA HOLDERS THAT CAN LIVE AND WORK LEGALLY IN THE UK.
The Telford site is commutable from Shrewsbury, Bridgnorth, Newport, Shifnal, Market Drayton, Wolverhampton, Perton etc.