As the Logistics Coordinator you will support the distribution of customer orders and deliveries. You will ensure that this is delivered through reviewing, allocating and scheduling jobs to maximise the operational and logistical performance of the department. You’ll also be required to build and maintain successful working relationships with customers, colleagues and external suppliers to provide a seamless customer experience and logistics efficiency. Finally, you will also support the booking of travel and accommodation for our project managers and technicians.
- Accurate route planning to maximise vehicle utilisation and driver hours whilst maintaining the predefined delivery times in line with our customer promise
- To produce and manage a cost effective plan for all deliveries and collections
- Review scheduled loads to meet vehicle payloads and requirements
- Scheduling and booking of self-employed drivers during peak times to ensure customer service levels are maintained
- Monitoring the work time directive hours of core drivers to maximise available hours and reduce potential overtime expense
- To liaise with wider teams to ensure that all operation requirements are met
- To deal with customer, suppliers and internal queries
- To communicate with the projects team regarding staffed productions
- Booking of travel for our project managers and technicians. This will include reservations for flights, ferries, hotels, airport transfers. etc.
- To communicate plan and start time with all drivers
- Planning and scheduling of vehicles for service, MOT, repair, etc
- Conduct weekly vehicle checks and record findings
- To supporting technician allocation
- To be available to be oncall out of hours on a rotation basis
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Ability to work under pressure and have the flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations
- Excellent organisation skills with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An eye for detail and be able to follow procedures effectively
- Good IT skills including competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and other related IT programs like Google Mail, Google Docs etc
- Is fluent in English – both spoken and written.
- A self-motivated person with a proactive attitude and a willingness to get involved and make things happen
- Good geographical knowledge
- Flexible in working hours
- Previous experience of working in logistical planning
- Have an understanding and knowledge of current tachograph rules and regulations
- Have an understanding of international shipments
- Experience of using inspHire
Reports to: Logistics Supervisor
Direct Line Reports: N/A
You may from time to time be asked to perform duties that fall outside of this job description.